Compilation of PETA's

PETA 1: FLASH FICTION


PETA 2: POEM WRITING


PETA 3: GRAPHIC NOVEL

PETA 4: RHETORICAL WRITING
Dynamite Fishing 

        Dynamite is a known illegal fishing technique where a fisherman uses an explosive to kill numbers of fish at the same time. Despite being illegal in various parts of the world, the practice is nonetheless common in Southeast Asia, the Aegean Sea, and coastal Africa. In the Philippines, even though dynamite fishing is very much illegal, 12% of the fishermen population or 70,000 fishermen are practicing this kind of fishing. There are many reasons that dynamite fishing, although illegal, is practiced. First, it helps fishermen to catch numbers of fishes easily. Less hassle and saves time. Second, fishermen, especially in the Philippines, are commonly poor. The lack of budget to buy the appropriate tools for fishing are pushing them to engage into dynamite fishing where you can just learn how to make a dynamite and you are good to go. On the other hand, this illegal fishing method are tremendously harmful to the ecosystem. The impact of the explosives may damage surrounding coral reefs where most fishes inhabit in. Also, accidents are inevitable. Most explosives that are used in this kind of fishing are improvised. Therefore, the explosives may malfunction and end up in a accident that can harm fishermen.

PETA 5: AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Lifetime Buddy

           As a kid, I’ve always enjoyed playing outdoor. Whether daytime or midnight. It was that day that I was introduced to my lifetime buddy. Basketball. The ball that we used was a little smaller than the ordinary basketball. The ring that we used was just a plastic ring sticked to a wooden board and hanged in a wall. But for me, it was wonderful. It was the time that I found my stress reliever, a friend, some more friends, and my interest. I was called by a man, and he invited me to play. ”Hey, can you shoot?,” then it all started. Everyday, I was eager to play in that small alley. Even gambled small money in a minishooting contest. And 10 years had passed, I am still eager to play basketball every single day. And that’s when I met my lifetime buddy and also, some friends.

PETA 6: TRAVELOGUE
The Most Beautiful Sunset 

        I was eating breakfast when my mother suddenly said that we are going to Batangas for my cousin’s wedding. I was so startled but so happy at the same time. Our house in Batangas is so close to the sea so it is easy for us to go there. January 14, 2022, 3:00am, my mother woke me up. I was still half-asleep, but my inner self is so excited. Same day, 5:00am, I didn’t had breakfast, so I was so hungry. We rode a jeepney to the bus terminal. We boarded the bus at 5:30 in the morning. Of course, my mother made some sandwiches for us to eat while on the ride. Typical mother thing. After I ate, I slept for about 3 hours. I woke up and my auntie said that we are so close to our destination. I was so surprised because I thought it will be a very long ride. We arrived at exactly 9:30am. My nephews, niece, and cousins welcomed us. After a few hours of rest, we decided to go to a nearby river to refresh ourselves. The water is so clear that I didn’t want to go home after jumping into the water. The very next day is the wedding day. All I can say about that is I am so handsome that day. And after that, it was my most awaited moment. Our trip to the beach. The sea water is so clear that you can see the corals in the shore. Yes, there are corals in the shore, and they are so beautiful. It was like that saying, “The place where the sky meets the sea,” it was so magnificent. That flat line where the heaven seems to join forces with the sea water is just delightful. We rented a boat and we sailed around the sea, and we still saw some fishes in the middle of the sea. That’s just how clear the water is. The tall trees around the shore are just as beautiful. The whole view is so fine. And the most glorious ending is that breathtaking sunset. Of course, almost all the people with me are taking photos. That’s how marvelous it was. That pinkish red sunset that looks like it was colliding with the sea with the clouds watching them. That is the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen.

PETA 7: LITERARY JOURNALISM WRITING

MARIE      

        Marie is a ordinary girl who came from an ordinary family. At a young age, she worked many jobs and did many things to earn money like selling banana cue, biko, etc. She did all of it while studying in elementary and even in high school. Back then, life was so simple. Mobile phones are not that big of a deal, children are playing outside their houses, and life was not easy but it was fair. 

        The life now? It is harder than the decades that passed. Marie noticed that mobile phones now are so big deal. Her children are also attached to mobile phones. They are always at home surfing in the internet unlike before that Marie and her friends are always outside their houses playing traditional games like tumbang preso. Marie and her friends before just go outside and hang-out with their friends but now, her children are living in the social media world where they just stay inside and just go out if there are occasion or if their friends invited them outside. The differences are just massive. Marie compares her children's life to her teenage life. Of course, she faced hardships for her children to live in ease, but Marie thinks that her children's teenage life is boring unlike her life before.

Comments