WORK IMMERSION: E-PORTFOLIO


WORK IMMERSION: E-PORTFOLIO

Submitted by: John Lloyd Tolentino
Submitted to: Ms. Roxette Ponce

WORKSHEETS:

WORKSHEET 1: REFLECTION ESSAY

Title of the Seminar/Date and Time: Work Immersion Webinar 

Speaker/s Name: Ma. Aini E. Salvador 

            When it comes to job related webinars, I am not entirely interested. But I know that I’ll need the knowledge somehow in the future, so I listened very carefully, and I learned so many things that I will never learn myself in a short time. Before, my mind is not focused on my college life and my adult life, but after attending the webinar, I realized that I need to grow up and think about my future. I really felt the speaker’s experience in this field and the speaker also passed her experiences to us by conveying it and presenting it naturally. I learned many important things and I am looking forward to the next webinars.

WORKSHEET 2: REFLECTION ESSAY

Title of the Seminar/Date and Time: Work Immersion Day1-B: “Personality Development and Filling out Government Forms” / April 29, 2021 

Speaker/s Name: Ms. Theresa P. Aspiras 

            The first webinar made me excited to attend the next one. I had high expectations that I will learn a lot just like in the previous one. And my expectations are fulfilled. I learned so many things such as what I should and what I shouldn’t put in my resume. It will surely help me in my future. I also learned the attitude I should show when I’m in a middle of a job interview. The expression I should make, the things I should do, as well as the things that I should not. It is so obvious that the speaker is so experienced in the field she is discussing. Her expression, the way she come up with an answer when a student asked a question, and the way she approaches us. She is a perfect fit in the job. A very well-organized webinar. 

WORKSHEET 3: ESSAY

            Employees are often having a hard time keeping up with the work-related problems they are usually facing in their workplaces. Mostly, newbies are the ones that cannot get away from troubles. Well, it is inevitable to run into trouble while working but there are some ways to solve and prevent those problems. And here comes work ethics. 

            There are many work ethics to be considered but here are some basic work ethics you should always practice while in your workplace: 
  • Good Conduct 
  • Be respectful towards your co-workers 
  • Be aware of the rules 
  • Know your responsibility 
  • Be honest 
  • Watch your mouth 
  • Be fair 
  • Consider other’s perspectives 
            These work ethics can solve a problem or conflict and at the same time, prevent any of it from happening. There are many other work ethics to be considered. But my favorite ethics is to always foresee the future before deciding to do anything. Just do not be so careless.

WORKSHEET 4: ESSAY

            Pandemic gave us many problems and working are one of the most affected of them all. Because of the pandemic, many entrepreneurs are forced to close their businesses. Many still kept their business going but pandemic is pulling them down. In the middle of the pandemic, there is only one thing we can rely on. The Internet. 

            Internet is our emergency exit in this time of pandemic. Food, tools, and even works are done through internet. Many businesses and entrepreneurs relied on the internet when they are at the edge of financial loss. Many food businesses used the social media to advertise and even do business their using delivering method. Office works, education, and many jobs leaned on the internet. Well, it is really a safe, fast, and reliable tool for doing business. 

            Internet really helped us a lot. Entrepreneurs can still continue doing their works without getting in danger due to the virus and can even attract more customers thanks to the internet. 

WORKSHEET 5: Step-by-step process in securing a PSA Birth Certificate.

WORKSHEET 6: ESSAY

            My dream job is to become a professional basketball player. I am confident that I will be one someday. Height, skills, and agility, I possess them all. But of course, I must work myself up to reach my goal. I don’t really have a solid dream job like becoming an engineer, architect, educator, doctor, or anything else. My dad wants me to become a police officer and go for criminology for college. My mom, on the other hand, wants me to become an educator like her and my brother. I don’t really want to become an educator, but I don’t hate becoming a criminologist. So, I decided I will pursue criminology in a university that has a basketball club and will become a varsity player. 

            After successfully admitting to that university, I will work hard to become a varsity player and have a professional recruit me. I will transfer to a famous university that participates in a collegiate basketball league. I will play hard till I am drafted to a professional basketball league or even international league. That is how I am going to reach my goal. It may not be easy, but I will not give up till I reach my only dream in life.

WORKSHEET 7: Describe the campus life in your preferred school. What activities excite you the most?

            The campus life in my preferred school is a bit normal for my preferred course. My preferred course for college is criminology, that’s why there are many physical activities involved. They have taekwondo and other physical activities. But the one that I am most excited about is the basketball varsity team.

WORKSHEET 8: Write about new knowledge and skills acquired from the work immersion subject.

            This semester, I attended multiple webinars. At first, I am not entirely interested in this kind of things but after attending one webinar, I realized attending these kinds of webinars is important for me. After all, I am a graduating student. I learned a lot after attending those webinars. Jobs and job opportunities are one of them. Especially in criminology, I obtained new knowledge. The speakers are also great. I can really see their experiences and how fun it is for them to share their knowledge with graduating students. Overall, it was a great experience for me to attend those webinars.

PERFORMANCE TASKS:

PETA 1: INFOGRAPHICS POSTER

PETA 2: WRITING RESUME


PETA 3: WRITING A JOB APPLICATION

May 26, 2022 
Dennis Reyes 
Principal WCC Aeronautical and Technological College 

Dear Mrs, Reyes, 
            I am John Lloyd P. Tolentino and I am writing to display my interest in serving as a Criminology Instructor in your beloved College. After seeing your job advertisement outside our area, I became very much interested in joining your team. And when I found out the job requirements needed, I can confidently say that I am very suitable as a new member of your organization. 

            I graduated in University of Caloocan in the field of Bachelor of Science in Criminology and worked as a senior officer for 2 years. I am looking forward in passing my knowledge in the field of Criminology to your beloved college students. I hope that my application will be heard, and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much! 

Sincerely Yours, 
John Lloyd P. Tolentino 
Applicant 

Contact No.: 09953393411 
Email Address: jhonllyodtolentino17@gmail.com

PETA 5: REFLECTION ESSAY

Title of the Seminar/Date and Time: Work Immersion Webinar Day 2: Careers and Opportunities in Criminology 

Speaker/s Name: Gilbert Salvador 

            This webinar was the first webinar that relates to our future courses. Therefore, I was nervous but excited at the same time. When they told us that the speaker is a criminology teacher, I was thrilled because having someone experienced and graduated with the same course that I am interested in will be a really good experience for me. 

            Mr. Gilbert Salvador discussed the different jobs and careers that falls under the criminology. Of course, somehow, I knew that there are many fields under the criminology course, but I did not think that it was that broad. That was really a good experience in my part, and I am very much looking forward to the next webinar.

PETA 6: REFLECTION ESSAY

Title of the Seminar/Date and Time: Work Immersion Webinar Day 3: Forensic Science: Six Areas in Criminology 

Speaker/s Name: Mr. Gilbert Salvador 

            This is the webinar that focuses on the Criminology. The topic of our webinar is Forensic Science: Six Areas in Criminology. The topic really sounds like an expert on investigation and that is my first impression of the webinar. We discussed the six areas of criminology and the criminal justice system. It really caught my interest as I listened to the speaker speaking his own experience and passing it unto us. 

            The speaker in this webinar is the same speaker as the last webinar we attended so, we have a bit of connection as we already know who he is and what he is doing.

PETA 7: INTERVIEW WITH A PROFESSIONAL

Name of the Interviewee: Police Corporal Randy Magastino 
Age: 32 years old 
Graduated at: University of Cordilleras, Baguio City (2013) 
Work: Investigator at Bagong Barrio Police Station

Transcription of the Interview:

Interviewer: For my first question sir, what are the roles of a criminologist? 

Interviewee: Our roles as a criminologist, ganito sir sagutin kita pinaka practical. Ang role naming as a criminologist, unang una kasi, criminology, ang criminology kasi hindi agada gad tungkol sa pulis. Ang criminology kasi pwede sa lahat ng law enforcement branch. Aside sa PNP and BFP tsaka BJP. Tulad ng NICA national intelligence ng Philippines. Pwede rin sa NBI pwede rin sa PDEA. Ang criminology, hindi lang pagpupulis yon, nasa law enforcement agency ng Pilipinas yung mga nabanggit ko kanina. Ang unang unag trabaho dyan policy talaga. Ibig sabihin law enforcement eenforce mo yung batas. Nasa PNP ka eenforce mo yung mga batas na dapat ienforce. Marami yan. Nasa revised penal code at mga special laws mga republic act. Bukod sa pagiging pulis, maraming trabaho dyan. Tulad ng mga police works na patrolling, mga crime preventions. Pwede rin yung pag may nangyaring krimen, reresponde. Pag may nangyari aassist nyo. Marami yon. Yun ang mga trabaho namin.

Interviewer: Question number 2 po, what kinds of preparations do you do before engaging into an operation?

Interviewee: Sa operation, ang pinakamahalaga dyan, briefing. Bago kayo pumunta sa isang operation, may plano yan eh. Dapat paghandaan nyo, planuhin muna. Kunware yung target, location, possible threat, possible exits, tsaka iniisip din namin yung mga kakayahan ng target. Mamaya armado pala ng mga kalibre ng baril kesa sa baril naming maliliit. Dapat talaga planuhin. Pwede din yung surveillance muna. Ang pinaka ano talaga dyan preparation. Bago ka pumunta sa isang operation dapat alam mo kung sino target nyo. Kung pano papasok. During operation, isinaalang alang naming yung upholding of human rights. Dapat wala kaming ma violate. Kahit sino yung target naming, may rights parin sila na dapat sundin naming. Dapat di maviolate yun, Pag naviolate naming yon magiging technical yon. Lalabas kami bilang abusado. Violation of police manual. Mayron kasi kaming manual. Kung baga sa police operational manual yun yung guidelines namin, step by step ganun at upholding of human rights. Police brutality at lahat ng guideline na sinasabi ng batas at once na nag lapse ka don di mo sinunod yon, mali yon. 

Interviewer: Question 3 po, what kinds of challenges did you face before you became a criminologist?

Interviewee: Habang nag aaral kami, lahat ng subject ng criminology tungkol sa law enforcement, meron ding mga laws, mahirap yan. Hindi madali ang course na criminology, mahirap din yon. Bukod sa hinahanda kayo maging future professionals future criminologist balang araw, dapat alam mo. Pinakamahirap na subject sa criminology, criminal procedure. Tungkol sa mga procedure sa batas pag nasa korte yung kaso. Yung mga search warrant. Yun yung mga procedure na dapat masunod mo. Sa experience namin, maraming bumabagsak dyan. Tsaka sa mga subject namin na forensics. Fingerprinting, mahirap din yon. Marami din bumabagsak dyan. Yun ang mga pinakamahirap namin pero once na nasanay ka na at naipasa mo lahat yun, ibig sabihin you are already prepared, competent ka na. Kasi yung mga pinakamahirap na subject naipasa at graduate ka na. Pagtapos naman ng graduate meron kaming internship. Intern kami sa mga police station, tsaka sa mga kulungan. Ang role namin don, hindi kami sasabak sa mga police operation or gagawa ng police works, kung hindi ano kami mag oobserve. Pero ang process ng pag oobserve kasi sa practically dapat sumasama ka. Pagka internship daytime naman sumasama ka at oobserve mo. Pagtapos non gagraduate ka na tapos board exam, pagtapos you are ready to apply to agencies. PNP, BFP, NBI, at marami pang iba.

Interviewer: Question 4 po, what made you interested in being a criminologists? 

Interviewee: Unang una, pagkagraduate ko ng high school ang naisip ko kasi at pumasok sa isip ko ay law enforcement. Syempre unang una kami nung high school alam namin criminology pag pupulis lang yon pero hindi pala. Iba ibang unit. NBI, PDEA ganun. Di lang pulis. Pero ang pinaka ano talaga dyan yung sinasabi ko sa mga interview pag nagaapply ako, ang gusto ko talaga is police works talaga. Tulad ng investigation, patrolling, at traffic ganun. Pero gusto ko talaga investigation yun ang role ko ngayon. Involve na yung ano don eh mga batas sa mga korte. Investigating talaga pinaka nagustuhan ko sa criminology. Interviewer: Last question po, what do you think is the most important quality a criminologist should have? Interviewee: Patience at determination. Kasi pag wala ka non, kahit nakapasok ka sa serbisyo, pag wala ka non wala kang tyaga o determinasyon. Nagtatrabaho ka lang for compliance. Pag may inassign sayo na task, pag wala kang tyaga at determinasyon, di mo maaacomplish yon. Hindi mo maibibigay ang best na resulta. Nagtatrabaho lang para mabayaran at makaduty lang. Ako di ako ganon. Gusto ko yung trabaho ko e. Pag may inassaign na task sakin, gusto ko mabibigay ko ang best effort ko para sa best result.

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VBhi5YlNKrMTnSc0JTKInuspu0xbeda/vie

Reflection Essay:

            My present high school thinking is quite the same with him in his high school days. Before, I am also thinking that police is the only profession you could reach in criminology. I learned so many things while interviewing him. The roles and responsibilities of a criminologist, how they do an operation, preparations, and many more. He said to me that the road in the criminology course is very long and narrow but with determination, selfcontrol, and not losing my interest in the course, I can find the biggest happiness at the end of that long and narrow road. 

E-CERTIFICATES FROM WEBINARS:

Comments